What increases my risk for food addiction?

Because food addiction has not been officially recognized as a medical condition in the mental health community, no specific guidelines for diagnosis have been created. People who believe they are food addicts can seek help from counselors who will ask questions about their relationship with food. Counselors and psychologists who deal with substance abuse issues may also be able to help with the diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

3 Weight Loss Strategies to Ditch
3 Weight Loss Strategies to Ditch
Every day new patients arrive at my office with a variety of health issues that need to be addressed—and weight problems are close to the top of the l...
How is insulin involved in weight loss and fat storage?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
Humans, as periodic eaters, need insulin to survive. Insulin helps the body release stored energy ov...
14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories
14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories
Heidi Skolnik - Three weight loss tips
Heidi Skolnik - Three weight loss tips