What are the symptoms of food addiction?

Symptoms of food addiction include thinking about food constantly, allowing food to interfere with life, and using food to manage emotions, among others. Watch as psychologist Ramani Durvasula, PhD, shares the main warning signs of food addiction.

People with food addictions can display many symptoms that are similar to those substance abuse. The symptoms can include:

• Being obsessed with food and the thought of food
  • Having no self-control when it comes to food
  • Your eating turns into a cycle of binging 
  • Being unable to resist eating to create a sense of pleasure and comfort
  • Needing to eat and having physical cravings many times a day

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Sleep More, Weigh Less
Sleep More, Weigh Less
The link between sleep and weight loss received a big boost in 2011, when a long-term, large-scale study confirmed that both too little sleep and too ...
How can I lose weight on my own?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
There are many of us who just don't benefit from group mentality. These people would rather exer...
How to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
How to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
Get tips from Dr. Mike Roizen’s latest book, This is YOUR Do-Over.
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Exercise Harder to Eat Less