Should I avoid nighttime eating if I'm trying to lose weight?

Rose Reisman
Nutrition professionals have different opinions on late-night eating. Some believe that it doesn't matter what time of day you consume your calories -- it's all about the total amount in the end. I do believe that a calorie is a calorie no matter what time you eat, but the late-night eater usually consumes more "empty" calories than people who eat most of their calories during the day. When people determine when they should stop eating, their daily calorie count will decrease, leading to more efficient weight loss.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

For Better Weight Loss, Love Your Body Before You Diet
Don’t wait until you're finally slim enough to wear your new bathing suit (summer 2015?) to show your body some love. Here's the surprising reason: Fa...
Is L-Carnitive safe for weight loss?
dotFITdotFIT
Yes, L-Carnitine supplements appear to be safe but they probably won’t help you lose weight. To date...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight