Should I avoid nighttime eating if I'm trying to lose weight?

Rose Reisman
Nutrition professionals have different opinions on late-night eating. Some believe that it doesn't matter what time of day you consume your calories -- it's all about the total amount in the end. I do believe that a calorie is a calorie no matter what time you eat, but the late-night eater usually consumes more "empty" calories than people who eat most of their calories during the day. When people determine when they should stop eating, their daily calorie count will decrease, leading to more efficient weight loss.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss