Should I avoid nighttime eating if I'm trying to lose weight?

Rose Reisman
Nutrition professionals have different opinions on late-night eating. Some believe that it doesn't matter what time of day you consume your calories -- it's all about the total amount in the end. I do believe that a calorie is a calorie no matter what time you eat, but the late-night eater usually consumes more "empty" calories than people who eat most of their calories during the day. When people determine when they should stop eating, their daily calorie count will decrease, leading to more efficient weight loss.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

The Water WOW for Weight Loss
The Water WOW for Weight Loss
Ready to amp up your weight loss efforts? Sip a BIG glass of H20 before meals. A study says drinking water 30 minutes before every meal could help you...
Do naltrexone and bupropion interact with other drugs?
If you are taking bupropion, you should not take Contrave. If you are taking an opioid, you should ...
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
Use the summer to get fit, eat healthier and live better
Control Food Cravings With Your Imagination