What parts of the body are involved in weight loss?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)
There are certain parts of the body critical to maintaining and losing weight. Learn more about the three organs vital to weight loss in this video of Dr. Oz.

Many parts of the body are involved in weight loss, including systems that control food intake and the sensation of feeling full (satiety), and those that help us maintain weight. Complex hormones and nerve cells in the brain play a role in weight loss by affecting your pancreas, peripheral muscles and gut.

The brain can sense a blood sugar change when you're hungry, and can drive feeding behavior. What you eat can affect how you feel, which can also influence how much you eat.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Slow Down to Eat Less for Better Weight Control
Do you race to finish every meal like a contestant in Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest? If so, slow down and smell the grilled veggies. You'll e...
How can I lose weight on my own?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
There are many of us who just don't benefit from group mentality. These people would rather exer...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Heidi Skolnik - Three weight loss tips
Heidi Skolnik - Three weight loss tips