As I lose weight in weight management, what things should I remember?

As you lose weight as part of weight management, be aware of situations that may give you the urge to overeat, such as eating while watching television. Find ways to avoid these situations. For example, read a book, go for a walk or do crafts instead of eating. Meet with a weight loss support group or friends who are also trying to lose weight. Talking with others about weight loss will help you stay excited about your weight loss goals. Other people can give you good feedback on your progress.

Craig B. Primack, MD
General Practice

There are many aspects to remember or to be aware of while losing weight. I think that the most important three are your diet, your exercise and the amount of sleep that you get. 

Surround yourself with people that are supportive of you as a person and your weight loss efforts. Remember that we cannot change other people but only ourselves. 

One last reminder, you do not have to undertake a weight loss program alone. You should consider help from many various sources such as commercial weight loss programs, your primary care provider or an obesity medicine specialist (bariatric physician).

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Don't Blame Yourself
Don't Blame Yourself
Most diets aren’t about action; they’re about thoughts. You spend so much time thinking about not having food, that you develop only two sets of stand...
How can I lose 60 pounds or more?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
If you want to lose sixty-plus pounds, it's always 80 percent nutrition and 20 percent exercise for ...
How to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
How to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
Get tips from Dr. Mike Roizen’s latest book, This is YOUR Do-Over.
The Best Time to Start a New Diet
The Best Time to Start a New Diet