As I lose weight in weight management, what things should I remember?

Craig B. Primack, MD
General Practice

There are many aspects to remember or to be aware of while losing weight. I think that the most important three are your diet, your exercise and the amount of sleep that you get. 

Surround yourself with people that are supportive of you as a person and your weight loss efforts. Remember that we cannot change other people but only ourselves. 

One last reminder, you do not have to undertake a weight loss program alone. You should consider help from many various sources such as commercial weight loss programs, your primary care provider or an obesity medicine specialist (bariatric physician).

Riverside Health System
Administration

As you lose weight as part of weight management, be aware of situations that may give you the urge to overeat, such as eating while watching television. Find ways to avoid these situations. For example, read a book, go for a walk or do crafts instead of eating. Meet with a weight loss support group or friends who are also trying to lose weight. Talking with others about weight loss will help you stay excited about your weight loss goals. Other people can give you good feedback on your progress.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss