As I lose weight in weight management, what things should I remember?

Craig B. Primack, MD
General Practice

There are many aspects to remember or to be aware of while losing weight. I think that the most important three are your diet, your exercise and the amount of sleep that you get. 

Surround yourself with people that are supportive of you as a person and your weight loss efforts. Remember that we cannot change other people but only ourselves. 

One last reminder, you do not have to undertake a weight loss program alone. You should consider help from many various sources such as commercial weight loss programs, your primary care provider or an obesity medicine specialist (bariatric physician).

As you lose weight as part of weight management, be aware of situations that may give you the urge to overeat, such as eating while watching television. Find ways to avoid these situations. For example, read a book, go for a walk or do crafts instead of eating. Meet with a weight loss support group or friends who are also trying to lose weight. Talking with others about weight loss will help you stay excited about your weight loss goals. Other people can give you good feedback on your progress.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Cut 248 Calories with This Schedule Switch
Here's a neat way to cut calories and help keep your pants size stable. Just pull on your PJs an hour earlier. Why? Because research suggests that pe...
Which weight-loss products are a waste of money?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Well I am going to go out on a limb and say all of them.  Now some people might disagree with me but...
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
Slimming down can do wonders for your waistline and your cholesterol levels.
Which Weight-Loss Products Are a Waste of Money?