How can I lose weight if I can not exercise because of pain?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

You can lose weight by eating a healthy diet and calculating how many calories that you need to maintain your weight at its current level. Then you need to decrease your calories. If you decrease your calories by 500 a day you can expect to lose approximately one pound a week. 

Even though you have pain, you might want to consider very light exercise such as yoga stretching with an instructor or even walking in a swimming pool or hot tub. Then you could burn 250 calories a day and reduce your calorie consumption by 250 calories.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Try the Camera-Phone Diet
Try the Camera-Phone Diet
Could your camera phone help you lose weight? One study seems to suggest so. When people in a small study snapped a picture of everything they ate fo...
Is L-Carnitive safe for weight loss?
dotFITdotFIT
Yes, L-Carnitine supplements appear to be safe but they probably won’t help you lose weight. To date...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Focus on Flavor to Curb Overeating
Focus on Flavor to Curb Overeating