How can I lose weight if I can not exercise because of pain?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

You can lose weight by eating a healthy diet and calculating how many calories that you need to maintain your weight at its current level. Then you need to decrease your calories. If you decrease your calories by 500 a day you can expect to lose approximately one pound a week. 

Even though you have pain, you might want to consider very light exercise such as yoga stretching with an instructor or even walking in a swimming pool or hot tub. Then you could burn 250 calories a day and reduce your calorie consumption by 250 calories.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Can Excess Weight Damage Your Brain?
Can Excess Weight Damage Your Brain?
When weatherman Al Roker hit 340 pounds, he knew he needed to change his ways. In 2002, he opted for bariatric surgery, a type of weight loss surgery,...
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
Slimming down can do wonders for your waistline and your cholesterol levels. Millions of Americans have high cholesterol. And if you're overweight, y...
Serve Yourself to Eat Less
Serve Yourself to Eat Less
How Do I Lose Weight Successfully If My Partner Doesn’t Support My Efforts?