Is ketosis necessary for weight loss?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Ketosis is not a usual state for the body to be in. It is a back up state when the body (the brain in particular) can no longer rely on its main energy source, glucose, sugar's most basic form.
It is not necessary or recommended for weight loss. Energy levels will be drastically reduced and your ability to sustain and recover from any activity will be compromised. Weight loss is about burning more calories than you consume in a healthful manner. Incorporation of increased activity with cardiorespiratory exercise and resistance training along with a sensible reduced calorie diet is the way to go!

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

How Can My Spouse and I Lose Weight As a Team?
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
The Hidden Costs of "Free" Food
The Hidden Costs of "Free" Food
What Are the Health Benefits of Drinking Matcha Green Tea?