If I want to lose weight, how can I manage my midday desire for junk food?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
Plan ahead for the midday munchies by carrying fresh fruit and nuts or cutting up veggies like cucumbers, carrots and celery to take to work or play. Enjoy them with a mini-cup of cottage cheese or low-fat cheese slices for a tasty treat that's healthier than chips and satisfying. The key is to make sure you're getting some protein, carbs and good monounsaturated fats in your snacks. This will help you avoid uncontrollable cravings later. Whole wheat crackers with peanut butter or pita bread with hummus ... sound yummy? They are, and they save you 100-200 calories over candy bars and cookies.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Move It To Lose It
Move It To Lose It
You’ve heard the expression “Move it to lose it”? Wow, is that true! A study looked at the life expectancy of over 334,000 men and women and found -- ...
What lifestyle changes are most effective for long term weight loss?
Talal Khan, MDTalal Khan, MD
A combination of mental, physical and spiritual well-being: Eat a balanced diet Exercise regul...
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
Deborah Wilburn
The Hidden Costs of "Free" Food
The Hidden Costs of "Free" Food