If I want to lose weight, how can I manage my midday desire for junk food?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
Plan ahead for the midday munchies by carrying fresh fruit and nuts or cutting up veggies like cucumbers, carrots and celery to take to work or play. Enjoy them with a mini-cup of cottage cheese or low-fat cheese slices for a tasty treat that's healthier than chips and satisfying. The key is to make sure you're getting some protein, carbs and good monounsaturated fats in your snacks. This will help you avoid uncontrollable cravings later. Whole wheat crackers with peanut butter or pita bread with hummus ... sound yummy? They are, and they save you 100-200 calories over candy bars and cookies.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss