How can joining a weight loss program help me lose weight?

For a lot of people, having a structured, weight-loss program to follow, with a schedule and expectations, helps them. It can be hard holding yourself accountable. Joining a group shifts that accountability externally until you are able to do it for yourself. It can also provide the structure you need - appointments, tasks, and goals.

You will most likely find being among like-minded folks beneficial. The friendship and sense of belonging can be very powerful. Give it a try - you might discover you love being in a group!

Joining a responsible weight-loss clinic or participating in a program such as Weight Watchers can help a person to lose extra pounds. These diet clinics and programs can teach you simple tricks for eating healthier, choosing foods that are good for you, and consuming fewer calories. They provide handy tips like what to order in a restaurant when no low-fat options are obvious, and how to avoid empty-calorie foods. Also, the social environment really appears to pay off. It encourages a "we're-all-in-this-together" kind of attitude, as you learn how to motivate each other and make healthy food choices together. These groups help you celebrate those pounds-off victories.

The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Weight Loss Myths Busted
Weight Loss Myths Busted
I’ve heard just about every weight-loss myth imaginable. It’s time to set the record straight! Don’t let these common misconceptions keep you from suc...
How can I build cheat days into my diet?
Dolvett QuinceDolvett Quince
My plan includes two cheat days during the week. Eat clean for three days (about 1500 calories per d...
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
Use the summer to get fit, eat healthier and live better
3 New Superfoods for Weight Loss
3 New Superfoods for Weight Loss