How do thermogenic diet pills work to help me lose weight?

Gretchen M. Bosacker, MD
Family Medicine
Thermogenic diet pills work by increasing your "fight or flight" chemical release, which causes your heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature to go up. Watch family physician Gretchen Phillips, MD, explain the warnings for these diet pills. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Best Way to Lose Weight: Bet on It
Best Way to Lose Weight: Bet on It
Want to succeed at losing weight? Make like you're in Vegas and bet money on it. Yep, bet on yourself. You're more likely to hit your goals if cash i...
Do naltrexone and bupropion interact with other drugs?
If you are taking bupropion, you should not take Contrave. If you are taking an opioid, you should ...
11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer
11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer
These editor-approved weight loss tips will help you lean out this season.
How Can I Make Sure to Maintain My Weight Loss?