How can I stay on track if I want to lose weight?

James O. Hill
Two effective strategies to keep yourself on track with weight loss are to write encouraging notes to yourself to keep you focused and positive, and to notice and praise yourself every time the scale shows an improvement. Negative self-talk, such as tacking pictures of overweight people on the refrigerator to make you feel guilty, is not effective. It's better to note and praise yourself for your efforts and your successes.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Lose Weight Faster with This Premeal Habit
Kick your slim-down efforts into high gear by starting each meal with about 16 ounces of water. In a study of dieters, those who started each meal wit...
Will getting more sleep help me lose weight?
Kirsi BhasinKirsi Bhasin
Depriving yourself of sleep is one of the worst things you can do for your health. Aside from loweri...
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
Deborah Wilburn
Burn More Calories With Tea
Burn More Calories With Tea