How can having a sponsor help me overcome a food addiction?

We treat food addiction like any other addiction, so get a sponsor. This can be a sponsor at a free Overeaters Anonymous meeting, a significant other, a weight-loss buddy, or a healthcare professional. When we feel supported and happy in our lives, our brains release serotonin -- the same brain chemical you used to rely on those unhealthy carbs to release. It’s not so much about what you’re subtracting from your life -- it’s about what you’re adding. This is the key to sustaining change over the long term.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Holiday Roll Back: The Easiest Way to Lose Your Winter Weight Gain
Whew! You made it through the holidays—surviving Uncle Joe’s bombastic storytelling and that parade of pecan pies and rum-laced eggnog. The down side?...
How can I lose weight if my health keeps me from exercising?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best way to lose weight without being able to exercise is to focus on the amount of calories you...
How to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
How to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
Get tips from Dr. Mike Roizen’s latest book, This is YOUR Do-Over.
Lose Weight With This Snack
Lose Weight With This Snack