How can men lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
Men think that when they decide to lose weight, they have to eat lettuce and cut out real food, or eat female caloric levels, which is never the case. I typically ask men to eat more nutritionally dense food. Of course, you can reach your calories quickly if you're eating pizza, beer, and cookies. You can reach 1,800 calories with those foods in no time. But if you watch what you're eating and go with real, whole foods, you'll be amazed at how much volume you can enjoy without feeling deprived. So men, remember: You don't need to eat like birds to lose weight, you just need to eat wisely. For most of you, weight will accumulate around the waist, so it's not just weight management but waist management. Waist fat is visceral fat -- the worst kind, as it leads to diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, and more. For men, following my principles, like eating breakfast and remembering to eat every three to four hours, is more important than cutting way back on calories. Don't relegate yourself to salad -- get a burrito with healthy stuff inside instead.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss