How can medication help me to lose weight?

Daniel A. Dumesic, MD
Reproductive Endocrinology
Weight-loss medications are all focused on managing satiety, or appetite. Medications that have been released and may be released in the future are lorcaserin, phentermine (PHEN) combined with topiramate (TPM) and bupropion combined with naltrexone. Some of these medicines are associated with anything from a 6% to 11% drop in body weight, which is really quite significant compared with what people can often do on their own.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

You've Got the Beat
You've Got the Beat
Here's another reason to stick with your New Year's weight loss efforts. Maintaining a healthy weight could help ward off dangerous heart arrhythmias....
Why should I avoid extreme weight loss?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Extreme weight loss is losing to much to fast. When that happens your body doesn't have time to adju...
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
Use the summer to get fit, eat healthier and live better
At What Time Should I Stop Eating At Night If I Want to Lose Weight?