How do I manage my food addiction on a daily basis?

You can manage your food addiction daily by avoiding your trigger foods and by steering clear of environmental cues which might cause you to crave foods. Research on recovering substance abusers has found these cues can lead to a relapse even in people who have done well with their treatment program. Find alternative ways to deal with your emotions. Instead of turning to food, you can exercise or do something else you enjoy. Joining a support group or attending a 12-step program may also help.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Slow Down to Eat Less for Better Weight Control
Do you race to finish every meal like a contestant in Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest? If so, slow down and smell the grilled veggies. You'll e...
What is the 500 rule for weight loss?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Remember the old adage intake needs to equal output to maintain weight. To lose weight you need to s...
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
Deborah Wilburn
Is It Possible to Get Addicted to Weight-Loss Supplements?