How effective is lorcaserin?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

People who took lorcaserin and made changes to their diet and exercise levels lost an average of about 7 lbs after one year. Just under 50% lost at least 5% of their starting weight, and just under 25% lost 10% of their starting weight. 

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Two Weight-Loss Boosters You Can’t Ignore
Flavor Flav, rapper and host of the TV dating show The Flavor of Love, has worn an oversize clock as a super-necklace for years, saying, “… it represe...
How can I give in to food cravings and still lose weight?
Resisting those foods that you “must have” is a battle often lost to that bag of potato chips or...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
What Can I Do to Lose Fat In My Butt?
What Can I Do to Lose Fat In My Butt?