How do I take Saxenda?

Saxenda is given once a day by injection. You’ll give yourself the shot in your belly area, thigh or arm. The medicine comes in a prefilled pen. Your doctor will start you at the lowest possible dose to avoid nausea and other side effects. If you are tolerating the medicine well, your doctor can increase your dose weekly. You’ll need to see your doctor after 16 weeks to make sure the medicine is working. If you haven’t lost 4% of your body weight by this time, it is recommended that the drug be stopped as it is unlikely to be work for you.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Extra-Easy Way to Burn 100 Calories
Extra-Easy Way to Burn 100 Calories
Torching a few extra calories from your day would be a great way to edge closer to your high school size. And here's a really easy way to do it: Just ...
How can eating a big breakfast help me lose weight?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
There may be something to the old adage to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinne...
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
Slimming down can do wonders for your waistline and your cholesterol levels.
What Are the Keys to Weight Loss?
What Are the Keys to Weight Loss?