How do I lose weight when I can't exercise?

The best way to lose weight without being able to exercise is to focus on the amount of calories you consume.  Since you are not active, your metabolism will not be as high as usual.  That being said, get an estimate of your resting metabolic rate and from there consume fewer calories than what you burn.  Be sure not to cut out too many calories that you are starving yourself but try to cut out what you can.  Weight loss will be much slower and should be much slower as you still need to feed your body to ensure you have fuel for everyday activities.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

3 New Weight Loss Myths, Busted
3 New Weight Loss Myths, Busted
Looking for fresh ways to lose weight? The trouble is that, in time, the latest weight loss or diet trick doesn't work anymore. You get lazy or don't ...
How can I determine my body type?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Knowing your body type can help you determine how and where to focus your weight loss efforts. When ...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Dr. Caroline Apovian - I have hit a plateau in losing weight, what can I do next?