How do I lose weight when I can't exercise?

The best way to lose weight without being able to exercise is to focus on the amount of calories you consume.  Since you are not active, your metabolism will not be as high as usual.  That being said, get an estimate of your resting metabolic rate and from there consume fewer calories than what you burn.  Be sure not to cut out too many calories that you are starving yourself but try to cut out what you can.  Weight loss will be much slower and should be much slower as you still need to feed your body to ensure you have fuel for everyday activities.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Can Excess Weight Damage Your Brain?
Can Excess Weight Damage Your Brain?
When weatherman Al Roker hit 340 pounds, he knew he needed to change his ways. In 2002, he opted for bariatric surgery, a type of weight loss surgery,...
What are the characteristics of successful weight losers?
Jeremiah Forster, NASM Elite TrainerJeremiah Forster, NASM Elite Trainer
I would also say that successful weight losers also are aware of what they are doing.  With anything...
11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer
11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer11 Secrets to a Slimmer Summer
These editor-approved weight loss tips will help you lean out this season.
2 Small Steps to Lose Weight and Trim Your Waist