What are causes of unexplained weight loss?

Unexplained weight loss may be a sign of many diseases, such as small intestine cancer, or none at all. You may have recently changed your diet or your exercise routine without being fully aware of it, or your body chemistry may simply be changing as you age. If the weight loss is very great, you are under the proper weight for your height, you also feel abdominal pain, or you feel tired all the time, consult your doctor. Only your doctor can make a diagnosis and determine a course of treatment.
Unexplained weight loss can be a warning sign of a malabsorptive issue such as celiac disease, thyroid issues, depression, and even cancer. A careful review of caloric intake versus usage should be done prior to considering any of the above diagnoses to ensure you are not short on your nutritional demands. You should see your physician for further evaluation and a workup.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

8 Ways to Trick Yourself Thin
8 Ways to Trick Yourself Thin
The formula for weight loss may be simple -- take in fewer calories than you burn, and increase your exercise to burn even more calories -- but oftent...
What are some common feats associated with losing weight?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
For the vast majority of those wanting to lose weight, a “knowledge deficit” is not the culprit for ...
14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories
14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories14 Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories
How Can I Get Back on My Diet After a Slip-Up?