Can I lose weight if my blood sugar keeps fluctuating all the time?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

If you are riding the blood sugar roller coaster, it will be nearly impossible to lose weight. Frequent fluctuations in blood sugar, particularly when blood sugar rapidly drops in a short period of time, can result in serious food cravings even when your body has no real need for additional calories. If these events occur dozens of times per day you are likely to give in and snack or drink sugary drinks, and those snacks and beverages will likely be loaded with calories. In the face of these food cravings, if you use sheer willpower and hold off until your next meal, your appetite will be in overdrive and it is likely that you will eat too much of the wrong thing. Eating when your brain is sending out powerful signals to eat is not a good way to control your food choices, portion sizes, or speed of eating.

Hunger Free Forever: The New Science of Appetite Control

From two leading authorities on appetite control, obesity, natural medicine, and food comes a breakthrough in getting healthy and staying slim without starving.Millions have spent years searching for...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Holiday Roll Back: The Easiest Way to Lose Your Winter Weight Gain
Whew! You made it through the holidays—surviving Uncle Joe’s bombastic storytelling and that parade of pecan pies and rum-laced eggnog. The down side?...
What are some other options to getting on the scale at the doctor's office?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
No one is going to force you to do anything. It's much better to get everything you need done other ...
How to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
How to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
Get tips from Dr. Mike Roizen’s latest book, This is YOUR Do-Over.
What Should I Know Before I Get Vanquish Fat Reduction Treatments?