How can breathing help me overcome my sugar addiction?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Eating signals the pituitary gland to release endorphins. These natural chemicals slow and smooth out the digestive process, but they also make you feel so good that you sometimes want to eat more. Breathing, when done properly, actually signals the brain to release endorphins in your body the same way eating does. Endorphins, as you probably know, are natural drugs that make you feel good. So by self-administering oxygen, you can "just say no" to mainlining sugar.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

What If Everything You Know About Weight Loss Is Wrong?
Why is it so hard to lose weight? Here’s one reason: A lot of what we all take for granted about weight loss is unproven or flat-out wrong. That’s the...
Why is it harder to lose weight as I get older?
Keith Kreitz, MDKeith Kreitz, MD
Our metabolism tends to slow down as we get older—that’s a known fact.   Patients who have been he...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
A Smart Smoothie to Control Appetite
A Smart Smoothie to Control Appetite