Will apple cider vinegar help me to lose weight?

In a study in which obese people consumed either 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or a placebo each day, the apple cider vinegar group shed more body and belly fat than people who took the placebo—even though everyone was on the same diet and did the same workout.

This product has been marketed as a weight loss aid and cure all for every imaginable disease or medical condition. These types of claims are illegal as well as unsubstantiated. There is absolutely no published research or evidence that apple cider vinegar promotes or aids in weight loss. If you happen to like the taste of apple cider vinegar and like to use it in cooking or on food, then there is certainly no danger to it. However, there is nothing to indicate it has any metabolic or medicinal benefits.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Eat Fat, Lose Weight? Here’s How
Eat Fat, Lose Weight? Here’s How
We all know that the way to lose weight is to cut fat and calories -- don’t we? Well, not so fast. Jorge Cruise’s book, The 100, says you can drop pou...
What should I do if I get off-track while trying to lose weight?
Heidi PowellHeidi Powell
The secret to staying on track while trying to lose weight is to make a single promise to yourself -...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Burn More Calories With Tea
Burn More Calories With Tea