What support do I need for recovery after bariatric surgery?

It is a good idea to meet with a nutritionist after bariatric surgery, particularly when you feel that your nutritional habits need to get back on track. Oftentimes, people who had bariatric surgery are not as rigorous with dietary and exercise habits. A nutritionist can help you refocus your attitude and stay positive as you recover from bariatric surgery.
Jessica Crandall
Nutrition & Dietetics Specialist

Following bariatric surgery, it is important to have the support of not only your surgeon, but also a dietitian that can assist in diet modification. The weeks following bariatric surgery can be challenging at times so it can be very beneficial to have additional support. Food requirements change over the weeks following surgery and it becomes very important to monitor these changes and how the body reacts to them. This is essential to promote fast and proper recovery following surgery.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Post Weight-loss Surgery Nutrition
Post Weight-loss Surgery Nutrition
If you’re one of the 250,000 people in North America who had weight-loss surgery last year, it’s important to avoid nutritional deficiencies that can ...
What is gastric bypass surgery?
Keith Kreitz, MDKeith Kreitz, MD
Gastric bypass is a weight loss surgery. The surgeon divides the stomach, making a small gastric pou...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?