What type of support should adolescents expect after weight-loss surgery?

After weight-loss surgery, teens should receive follow-up care with a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach. That’s because obesity is a behavioral problem, and it’s important to address behavior issues to ensure that the patient has lifelong success. That’s why the adolescent program at South Miami Hospital’s Weight-loss Surgery Programhas a bariatric coach, exercise physiologist, psychologist, psychiatrist and nutritionist. We have monthly support groups and annual reunions to keep people inspired and informed. Support is ongoing. Our goal is to help people deal with all aspects of obesity and help them be successful a year after surgery –- and five, 10 and 20 years after surgery. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

How Life Changes After Weight Loss Surgery
A growing number of Americans who are obese and not able to lose weight through diet and exercise alone are choosing to undergo weight loss surgery, s...
How is the OverStitch done?
Parham Doctors' Hospital - HCA VirginiaParham Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
The OverStitch is a device that allows surgeons to endoscopically enter the inside of the gastric po...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?