What results can I expect from the balloon procedure for weight loss?

The average weight loss for people with the intragastric balloon is about 14.7 kg, so about 20 to 30 pounds in 6 months. It will help you lose weight initially, but it will not improve your blood pressure or any other medical issues. It's a good jumpstart in terms of weight loss, but you are not going to get the same results as you would with a weight loss surgery.
Results of the balloon procedure for weight loss are encouraging, especially since sustainable lifestyle changes are part of the process. Watch as bariatric surgeon Michael Snyder, MD, discusses the results of the clinical trial for this procedure. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Post Weight-loss Surgery Nutrition
Post Weight-loss Surgery Nutrition
If you’re one of the 250,000 people in North America who had weight-loss surgery last year, it’s important to avoid nutritional deficiencies that can ...
What does bariatric surgery involve?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Bariatric surgery involves the following: Attending a free Bariatric Surgery orientation Baria...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?