What is the ReShape Duo?

The ReShape Duo is a non-surgical treatment for weight loss that is currently awaiting U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval. The device is a dual chamber balloon that occupies the existing space inside the stomach for six months. It serves as a built-in portion control device so that people feel full and satisfied after eating less food. It does not change or alter the natural anatomy of the stomach in any way and does not involve cutting or suturing the stomach. While the balloon is in the stomach, people work with dietitians and doctors to learn healthy habits that help them not only lose the weight but also maintain the weight loss beyond the treatment.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Bariatric Surgery Doubles Older Guys Survival Rates
Since Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey shut down his internal food lane with bariatric lap-band surgery, his actual...
What results can I expect from an ESG weight loss procedure?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
ESG will help you feel full longer, eat less and lose weight. Your weight loss will be about 20 kg, ...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?