What is a hybrid procedure for weight loss?

Gastric bypass for weight loss is a hybrid procedure. Gastric bypass combines restrictive and malabsorptive surgeries.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
Do heart disease and blood pressure improve after weight loss surgery?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Assuming that bariatric surgery is successful in causing significant weight loss, it usually leads t...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?