What can I expect at my first visit with my bariatric surgeon?

By the time that you meet with the surgeon, you would have already completed any preliminary testing that the nurse practitioner felt you needed to evaluate any potential obesity-related problems. Your tests results, as well as your medical and dietary history, will be reviewed by the surgeon and any potential concerns will be discussed. If any additional testing is required, the surgeon will order it at this time. The surgeon will then review with you the various surgical procedures and potential risks to surgery as they pertain to your individual case. It is then that most patients decide which weight loss surgery is best for them. If you are still undecided, you do not need to make that decision just then. However, when you do decide which procedure you would like to have after meeting with the surgeon, it is then that your date for surgery will be given.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Bariatric Surgery Doubles Older Guys Survival Rates
Since Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey shut down his internal food lane with bariatric lap-band surgery, his actual...
How is the gastric balloon different from other weight loss surgeries?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
The gastric balloon procedure is geared for those with a lower body mass index (30-40) that don’t ha...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?