What can I expect at my first visit with my bariatric surgeon?

By the time that you meet with the surgeon, you would have already completed any preliminary testing that the nurse practitioner felt you needed to evaluate any potential obesity-related problems. Your tests results, as well as your medical and dietary history, will be reviewed by the surgeon and any potential concerns will be discussed. If any additional testing is required, the surgeon will order it at this time. The surgeon will then review with you the various surgical procedures and potential risks to surgery as they pertain to your individual case. It is then that most patients decide which weight loss surgery is best for them. If you are still undecided, you do not need to make that decision just then. However, when you do decide which procedure you would like to have after meeting with the surgeon, it is then that your date for surgery will be given.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight loss surgery procedures, including liposuction, gastric bypass, gastric botox and Lap Band surgery are viable options for those needing help with excessive weight loss. But they aren't without their risks. Weight loss surge...

ry procedures should only be performed on individuals for whom regular diet, exercise and medication didn't prove effective. Check out the answers below for more information on how weight loss surgery has advanced over time and which one might be best for you.