What do bariatric (weight-loss) surgery programs involve?

Each bariatric (weight-loss) surgery program has resources that provide every person with personalized attention and compassionate care. This includes highly experienced weight loss surgeons who are trained in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques, a specially trained nursing and support staff, in-depth pre-surgery dietary and behavioral modification education, pre- and postsurgery nutritional counseling, an individualized plan of treatment and care to assure consistent and successful outcomes for people, monthly support group meetings and long-term follow-up.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
Is bariatric surgery the easy way out for weight control?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Bariatric surgery takes a lot of courage and a lot of work, and isn’t considered the “easy way out.”...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?