What kinds of weight loss surgeries are appropriate for teens?

The most common procedure performed in children and adults for weight loss surgery is laparoscopic sleeve surgery.

Three kinds of weight loss surgeries are approprite for teens: gastric sleeve, gastric bypass and duodenal switch.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

How Life Changes After Weight Loss Surgery
A growing number of Americans who are obese and not able to lose weight through diet and exercise alone are choosing to undergo weight loss surgery, s...
What is weight loss (bariatric) surgery?
HCA Houston Healthcare SoutheastHCA Houston Healthcare Southeast
Bariatric surgery works by surgically changing the stomach to restrict the amount of food a person c...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?