Should patients take vitamin supplements following weight-loss surgery?

Yes, after weight loss surgery you must take vitamin/mineral supplements every day for the rest of your life. Weight loss surgery not only changes how much you eat it can impact how your body absorbs certain nutrients. It is very important that you take a complete multivitamin with enough B vitamins (thiamine, B6, B12 and folate) as well as iron, calcium and vitamin D.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

The Bonus Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
The Bonus Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
During the Gold Rush of the 1840s and 50s pioneers in wagon trains littered the Oregon Trail, especially in western Kansas and Colorado, with clothes,...
Do I have to take vitamins after bariatric surgery?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Bariatric surgery slightly alters the way your body absorbs certain nutrients, so long-term vitamins...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?