What are the most common types of bariatric surgery?

The two most common bariatric surgeries are gastric bypass and gastric sleeve.

The two most common types of bariatric surgery are gastric sleeve and gastric bypass. The laparoscopic gastric band, once very popular, has now been proven not to be the most effective. The gastric sleeve starts with stapling and removal of 70 percent of the stomach. The gastric bypass involves creating a small stomach pouch along with a bypass of the small intestine.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Bariatric Surgery Doubles Older Guys Survival Rates
Since Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey shut down his internal food lane with bariatric lap-band surgery, his actual...
How long does it take for a person to get approved for weight loss surgery?
The amount of time it takes for a person to get aproved for weight loss surgery can depend mostly on...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?