Is the gastric balloon a permanent weight-loss solution?

For the people that keep the weight off, it’s a temporary intervention that can lead to a permanent result. However, many patients will gain some, if not all the weight back when the device comes out. In Europe, they use balloons sequentially, and I think we will see it happen here too, once the balloon is a more accepted therapy. Because the safety is so good —why not let people use it again? There will be people that do well with it and people who will want another one and that will hopefully be acceptable within the approval of the product.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Bariatric Surgery Doubles Older Guys Survival Rates
Since Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey shut down his internal food lane with bariatric lap-band surgery, his actual...
What are restrictive weight loss surgeries?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
Examples of restrictive weight loss surgeries are the gastric band and gastric sleeve. These surgeri...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?