How should I think about my weight loss surgery?

You should think of weight loss surgery as a tool to help you succeed with lifestyle changes that lead to weight loss. In this video, surgeon Richard Gordon, MD, of Largo Medical Center, explains how bariatric surgery helps you make smart choices.
Weight loss surgery is a tool, not a cure, to support you in a lifestyle change. In this video, surgeon Robyn Ache, DO, of Largo Medical Center, explains how bariatric surgery is part of a weight loss journey, not an ultimate cure.
Bariatric surgery is a tool like your smart phone, says Michael Snyder, MD, a bariatric surgeon at the Denver Center for Bariatric Surgery. In this video, he says that mindfulness about your procedure will help you succeed in changing your life.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight loss surgery procedures, including liposuction, gastric bypass, gastric botox and Lap Band surgery are viable options for those needing help with excessive weight loss. But they aren't without their risks. Weight loss surge...

ry procedures should only be performed on individuals for whom regular diet, exercise and medication didn't prove effective. Check out the answers below for more information on how weight loss surgery has advanced over time and which one might be best for you.