How safe is bariatric surgery for weight loss?

Bariatric surgery for weight loss is very safe. The risks of this surgery may be outweighed by the risks of morbid obesity.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Smart Choices After Gastric Bypass Surgery
In 2015, for the more than 45,000 people in the U.S. who had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RNYGB) surgery, the gastrointestinal perils they encountered po...
What is stomach band surgery?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
Stomach band is one of the latest procedures, and is considered much safer than stomach surgery....
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?