How can I prevent weight regain after bariatric surgery?

One way to prevent weight regain after bariatric surgery is to meet with support groups in your community. Talking to people who have gone through the operation can help you prepare mentally and better understand how you will be able to eat.

Meeting with a nutritionist after bariatric surgery can also be helpful. You will be given a guideline of what your diet should include in terms of nutrients and vitamins.

Establish healthy lifestyle habits, such as daily movement and exercise. You don't have to be at the gym on a treadmill for hours, but you do need to incorporate movement into your life. This might include walking, swimming or anything that you enjoy.

Overall, it's important to stay engaged with your doctors and the support community to maintain new healthy habits.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Post Weight-loss Surgery Nutrition
Post Weight-loss Surgery Nutrition
If you’re one of the 250,000 people in North America who had weight-loss surgery last year, it’s important to avoid nutritional deficiencies that can ...
What are the advantages of endoscopic bariatric surgery?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The main advantage of endoscopic bariatric surgery is that it's not an operation. It is done through...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?