How often will I see the doctor after my weight loss (bariatric) surgery?

Dr. Melissa B. Bagloo, MD
Bariatric Medicine (Obesity Medicine) Specialist

While you are healing, you will be seen on a regular basis, usually once after two weeks and again six weeks after surgery. You return for a follow-up visit after six months to make sure you are adjusting well, and then once a year after that. It is important for us to follow your vitamin and mineral levels (particularly after gastric bypass) as well as your protein intake.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
Are endoscopic treatments better than bariatric surgery for weight loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Endoscopic treatments and bariatric surgery are complementary. They are both pieces of the puzzle. W...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?