How often will I see the doctor after my weight loss (bariatric) surgery?

After bariatric surgery, you will see your doctor regularly for follow-up. In this video, Richard DiCicco, MD, a bariatric surgeon at Memorial Hospital of Tampa, describes different follow-up schedules depending on the type of weight loss surgery. 
While you are healing, you will be seen on a regular basis, usually once after two weeks and again six weeks after surgery. You return for a follow-up visit after six months to make sure you are adjusting well, and then once a year after that. It is important for us to follow your vitamin and mineral levels (particularly after gastric bypass) as well as your protein intake.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight loss surgery procedures, including liposuction, gastric bypass, gastric botox and Lap Band surgery are viable options for those needing help with excessive weight loss. But they aren't without their risks. Weight loss surge...

ry procedures should only be performed on individuals for whom regular diet, exercise and medication didn't prove effective. Check out the answers below for more information on how weight loss surgery has advanced over time and which one might be best for you.