How much weight will I lose through the balloon procedure for weight loss?

Most people will lose an average of 35 pounds. There are people that get a balloon, lose the 35 pounds and keep it off, but there are also people that put all the weight back on as soon as the balloon comes out. The patients that put the weight back on may be better candidates for a permanent surgical procedure rather than a temporary procedure.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
Can bariatric (weight loss) surgery be reversed?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
Some types of bariatric surgery can be reversed. However, the reversal operations carry the same or ...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?