How long will I be out of work after bariatric surgery?

Most often times it depends on what type of work people do. I recommend that patients take off, at the very minimum, a week, but two weeks is best. If a patient has a really physical job where they have to do a lot of heavy lifting, then I’d recommend four weeks off. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

How Life Changes After Weight Loss Surgery
A growing number of Americans who are obese and not able to lose weight through diet and exercise alone are choosing to undergo weight loss surgery, s...
What is the most effective form of weight loss surgery?
Steven C. Simper, MDSteven C. Simper, MD
In terms of effectiveness, weight loss surgeries are operations of different power. The duodenal swi...
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?