How does the balloon procedure for weight loss work?

In this weight loss procedure, a balloon is placed in the stomach, making you full; behavior modification helps maintain weight loss after the balloon is removed. Watch bariatric surgeon Michael Snyder, MD, explain how the balloon procedure works.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

The Bonus Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
The Bonus Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
During the Gold Rush of the 1840s and 50s pioneers in wagon trains littered the Oregon Trail, especially in western Kansas and Colorado, with clothes,...
What is the average weight of patients undergoing bariatric surgery?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
The average patient undergoing weight loss surgery is 100 or more pounds over weight.
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery4 Most Common Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Find out what to expect from bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and intragastric balloon, if you just can’t los...
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?