How do I talk to my doctor about weight loss surgery?

To talk to your doctor about weight loss surgery, simply express to your doctor your inability to sustain weight loss and ask for a referral to see a specialist.
You should explain your concerns about obesity and weight loss surgery with your primary care doctor. In this video, surgeon Robyn Ache, DO, of Largo Medical Center, explains how getting your doctor on board can improve your results.
It is important to communicate clearly with your primary care doctor about your difficulty in attempting to lose weight. Watch Tiffany Jessee, DO, of Largo Medical Center, discuss how to talk to your primary care doctor about weight loss surgery.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Weight loss surgery procedures, including liposuction, gastric bypass, gastric botox and Lap Band surgery are viable options for those needing help with excessive weight loss. But they aren't without their risks. Weight loss surge...

ry procedures should only be performed on individuals for whom regular diet, exercise and medication didn't prove effective. Check out the answers below for more information on how weight loss surgery has advanced over time and which one might be best for you.