How do I talk to my doctor about weight loss surgery?

To talk to your doctor about weight loss surgery, simply express to your doctor your inability to sustain weight loss and ask for a referral to see a specialist.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Procedures and Surgeries

Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Many people view weight loss surgery the way they view steroids in sports: They think it's cheating, it's unnatural, it's an unfair advantage, it's cu...
What results can I expect from the balloon procedure for weight loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The average weight loss for people with the intragastric balloon is about 14.7 kg, so about 20 to 30...
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
Dispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery MythsDispelling 6 Weight-Loss Surgery Myths
We're separating fact from fable when it comes to bariatric surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?