Will I lose more weight if I join a weight-loss program?

James O. Hill
Not necessarily. Studies show that people who've successfully lost weight and kept it off are about evenly divided between those who joined a weight-loss program and those who lost the weight on their own. They're also evenly divided between those who lost weight rapidly on a diet and exercise plan and those who lost the weight slowly and gradually over a long period of time.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.