Will a change in my bad eating habits influence others as well?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Think about the possible ripple effect of your journey to wellness! As you improve your diet and eating habits, you could very well influence your loved ones - siblings, parents, spouse, children - to do likewise. You may not bat 1,000, but if your change causes one loved one to kick the bad-diet habit, you’ve earned your wings. Your change may also prevent others from developing bad habits. Here I think of children especially.

We have a growing number of obese and otherwise unfit children at risk for a host of serious health problems, including diabetes. These youngsters may well become short-lived adults. That does not have to become a reality. We adults must set a better example. Be well.

Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
We know weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less and exercise more." (If it were, you wouldn't be reading this, and we wouldn't have written YOU: On a...
As a woman, how can I lose weight in a healthy way?
If you're a woman, it's likely that you or other women you know are wondering how to lose weight...
Should I try the free samples at the grocery store?
Free samples are a lose-lose situation for your wallet and your waistline. Not only do you end u...
What Herbs Can Promote Weight Loss?
What Herbs Can Promote Weight Loss?