Will a change in my bad eating habits influence others as well?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Think about the possible ripple effect of your journey to wellness! As you improve your diet and eating habits, you could very well influence your loved ones - siblings, parents, spouse, children - to do likewise. You may not bat 1,000, but if your change causes one loved one to kick the bad-diet habit, you’ve earned your wings. Your change may also prevent others from developing bad habits. Here I think of children especially.

We have a growing number of obese and otherwise unfit children at risk for a host of serious health problems, including diabetes. These youngsters may well become short-lived adults. That does not have to become a reality. We adults must set a better example. Be well.

Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.