Why should I write down my motivations to lose weight?

Marisa Moore

To achieve your wellness goals, you have to have a vision of where you want to be in the short term and long term. Once that vision is set, take action. Staying on course requires motivation. Writing those motivations down in the beginning of a weight loss journey can serve as a reminder for WHY you’re doing it and help keep you focused.

Post your goals and your motivation to achieve those goals in a place where you’ll see it daily. Feel free to change the motivation or tweak your tactics along the way. Keep your eyes on the prize and you’ll be sure to get to reach your ultimate weight loss goal.

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
You really need to accurately state and define what your motivations are for losing weight. You must write down at least five reasons why you desire to achieve your weight-loss goal. Do you want to lose weight to lower your risk for heart disease and high blood pressure? Are you trying to avoid a diabetes diagnosis? Perhaps you want to look better and feel better about yourself? Is your motivation to live a long, vibrant life, full of playing with kids or grandkids, traveling, dancing? Whatever your driving force, I recommend that you list at least five motivating factors and write them down.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.