Why should I write down my motivations to lose weight?

Marisa Moore

To achieve your wellness goals, you have to have a vision of where you want to be in the short term and long term. Once that vision is set, take action. Staying on course requires motivation. Writing those motivations down in the beginning of a weight loss journey can serve as a reminder for WHY you’re doing it and help keep you focused.

Post your goals and your motivation to achieve those goals in a place where you’ll see it daily. Feel free to change the motivation or tweak your tactics along the way. Keep your eyes on the prize and you’ll be sure to get to reach your ultimate weight loss goal.

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
You really need to accurately state and define what your motivations are for losing weight. You must write down at least five reasons why you desire to achieve your weight-loss goal. Do you want to lose weight to lower your risk for heart disease and high blood pressure? Are you trying to avoid a diabetes diagnosis? Perhaps you want to look better and feel better about yourself? Is your motivation to live a long, vibrant life, full of playing with kids or grandkids, traveling, dancing? Whatever your driving force, I recommend that you list at least five motivating factors and write them down.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
We know weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less and exercise more." (If it were, you wouldn't be reading this, and we wouldn't have written YOU: On a...
How can I lose weight if diet and exercise don't work?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
I promise you that the correct diet and exercise program will work I don't care who you are as long ...
Is there a quick way to lose weight?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
We all know there is no “magic bullet” to permanent weight loss. “Easy lose, easy gain” is what I’ve...
Is Counting Calories Important for Weight Loss?