Why won't starving myself help me lose weight?

Rose Reisman
It's so difficult to convince people that if they eat more often and exercise, rather than starve themselves, they'll lose weight permanently. The overweight world logically thinks that if they starve they will lose weight. Most health experts believe that the yo-yo dieting cycle actually puts the body into starvation mode and weight loss becomes more difficult. The body conserves calories to protect it from starvation. The next time you diet your body will be conserving calories to stay alive and weight loss will be even more difficult.
Rose Reisman's Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss: With 150 Delicious and Healthy Recipes for Success

For the journey toward healthier living. Losing weight can be a constant and frustrating struggle. Rose Reisman's Permanent Weight Loss Solutions creates a blueprint for lifelong weight control that...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Delayed Gratification Can Help You Lose Weight
Delayed Gratification is a magazine dedicated to Slow Journalism—that is, analysis of news events delayed until after the dust has settled. The hope: ...
To lose weight as part of weight management, what liquids can I drink?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
When trying to manage your weight (and really who isn’t?), you should focus on calorie-free hydratio...
Can fidgeting help with weight loss?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT)—that is, ordinary movements that might not normally c...
How Does the HCG Diet Work?
How Does the HCG Diet Work?