Why should I avoid thinking of food as a reward if I want to lose weight?

Laura Katleman-Prue
Thinking of food as a reward is only a problem if you reward yourself too much. When there's no parent there to say, "Hey, honey, you've had enough cookies," the ego's Child (pleasure-seeking impulses) says, "Whoopee! There's nobody here to stop me, so I can have as many cookies as I want." But every Child needs a parent.

Just because you're grown and there isn't an adult telling you when to stop doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want and not pay a price. If you want to permanently solve your weight and food issues, you need to develop the adult inside of you, or that Child's just going to keep chasing after the treats.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.