Why do my buttocks store fat?

People with gluteofemoral fat have less blood flow to break down the fat in their buttocks, so their behinds function as a long-term fat-storage site. One obstacle for weight reduction is the buttocks are not as responsive to weight loss as other areas.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
What herbs can promote weight loss?
Nancy TeeterNancy Teeter
Herbal supplements are not FDA controlled and can be harmful, thus I advise against use for the purp...
To lose weight as part of weight management, what liquids can I drink?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
When trying to manage your weight (and really who isn’t?), you should focus on calorie-free hydratio...
What Is the Most Effective Way to Lose Weight?