What do I need to know about caring for someone with obesity?

If you are caring for someone with obesity, there are several ways you can help them achieve their weight loss goals. You can support them in any weight loss goals they might have by providing healthy food options and exercising with them. Watch for any signs of the serious complications associated with obesity, like troubled breathing or organ complications. If they are taking any medication or received bariatric surgery, follow the instructions given by their doctor.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Intake Control for Clean Plate Club Members
When Leonardo DaVinci painted the Last Supper around 1492, the food on the table (including eel with orange slices) was pretty sparse and the dishes w...
Can intermittent fasting (IF) help with weight loss?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Intermittent fasting (IF) can reduce weight, improve health indicators, reduce the risk of some chro...
Do I need to watch my diet if I'm exercising to lose weight?
Natalie Castro-Romero, MS, RDNatalie Castro-Romero, MS, RD
Yes, you need to watch your diet if you're exercising to lose weight. The most successful way to ach...
What Are the Risks of Fat-Burning Supplements That Contain Stimulants?