What are the recommendations for low-fat grilling?

Grilling is a great way to load up on flavor without added fat and calories. Grilling reduces the fat you eat because fat drains through the grill rather than being reabsorbed by the meat.

Almost anything can be grilled, including steaks, hamburgers, chops, chicken, and fish. Buy lean cuts of meat, remove all visible fat before cooking, and remove the skin from poultry.  Instead of high-fat marinades, try using wine or fat-free Italian dressing as a marinade. A citrus-based marinade is especially suited for less tender cuts of meat. Marinades add flavor and can tenderize meat. Drizzle or brush them on, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.

Also try grilling vegetables and fruits. Vegetables that are tender and cook quickly, like squash, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and peppers are good bets. Just baste them with low-sodium bouillon for fat-free flavor. Grilling fruit brings out its natural sweetness with no need for extra sugar. Pineapple, peaches, plums, and pears are great when grilled.

Weight Watchers offers a comprehensive approach to weight loss that can help you reach your goals.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
We know weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less and exercise more." (If it were, you wouldn't be reading this, and we wouldn't have written YOU: On a...
As a woman, how can I lose weight in a healthy way?
If you're a woman, it's likely that you or other women you know are wondering how to lose weight...
Can taking pictures of what I eat help me lose weight?
 Mrs. Joy Purdie , NASM Elite Trainer Mrs. Joy Purdie , NASM Elite Trainer
Taking a picture is real life and accurate. Think back on all of the meals you've eaten during the p...
What Are the Risks of Fat-Burning Supplements That Contain Stimulants?