What herbs can promote weight loss?

Nancy Teeter

Herbal supplements are not FDA controlled and can be harmful, thus I advise against use for the purpose of weight loss. On the other hand, herbs that are added in cooking (e.g. basil, thyme, oregano, etc.) can enhance food’s natural flavor and increase the enjoyment of smaller portions. Spices like chiles, garlic, turmeric, ginger and cinnamon add flavor and may even increase metabolism. The key to weight loss is to eat food you love in portions that meet the calorie need of the body you want to achieve. There are no “silver bullets” when it comes to weight loss, so steer clear of supplements.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
Do diet pills have side effects?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Yes, the problem with diet pills and other pound-peeling medications is the side effects. You can't ...
Are diet pills a good way to lose weight?
Penny Ragusano, NASM Elite TrainerPenny Ragusano, NASM Elite Trainer
In my opinion, weight loss is just step one. Once we lose the weight, it's important to know what to...
How Does the HCG Diet Work?
How Does the HCG Diet Work?